24 giugno 2006

Our Litigious Society, Part Deux.

OK, so I’ve been sitting on this for a couple of days.
First off, I just want to say that I am sorry for the death of this little boy.

The problem I have is with the interview this woman gave. Maybe it’s just me, but I got no sense of loss or grieving from this woman.
She says things like:
“…he was doing great the first couple of times it went around then he panicked and got scared”
And
“…the guy that was handling it, he let him go on his own…”
Now she wants “stricter safety guidelines” or “locks on those doors.”

What.
The.
Hell???!!!?

A lock on the door would have prevented her son from falling 80+ feet?!!?
Lady, how about noticing all this before you let your 6 year old son on a 90-foot Ferris wheel alone???!??

Anyone else wanna bet on the over/under until she files a lawsuit blaming the "carnie" for letting her son go up alone? I say 5 weeks. Tops.

Reality: Some people should not be aloud to breed. Unfortunately, it’s the innocent that pay for their stupidity.

Nessun commento: