08 agosto 2006

Ah...memories...

So over the last week or so, all we’ve heard about on the news was how stiflingly hot it's been across the nation. Just another sign of the “global warming”, right?
Now I remember in my youth when it was soooooo incredibly hot, we knew that we had to “save the earth” and there for took steps to “do our part.”
With that in mind, I have a question:

What ever happened to "Ozone Action Day?"

Is the ozone layer not important anymore? Have we managed to “fix” the ozone layer? Is the ozone layer no longer the darling of the media? Can anyone remember the last time we had one?

Reality: I want someone to show me how some donkey not mowing his grass in Nebraska can do more to fix the ozone than the countless factories in developing nations. Anyone?

Nessun commento: